Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Real life angry bird

Terrible picture, but the bird deserves a shout-out for his sheer determination. Spent a lovely night in a B&B farm cottage in southwestern Wisconsin ... and a puzzling morning trying to find the source of a weird banging noise, which turned out to be this cardinal trying to bust through a window. When he saw me through the glass he looked at me like, "You're taking my picture? Open the #*&ing window!" I wrote a thank you email to the B&B and said I hoped the bird had given up by now. They said he'd been trying to break in for the past five years. Kind of sad and inspiring at the same time.

1 comment:

Colleen Sutherland, storyteller said...

It's a male cardinal, probably attacking his reflection, thinking it is another male.

Typical male.