Saturday, August 31, 2013

Collision & collaboration

So my friend Ellen the poet and I have decided to have another collision. Today I sent her what I imagine to be a challenging pre-apocalyptic genre chapter with the plan that she will respond with a poem, and I'll continue the story with another chapter, and so on. One of the positives about the proliferation of self-publishing options is that we won't have to worry about publishers not knowing what to do with this strange hybrid, should we carry it to completion. Takes a lot of pressure off, allowing us just to let it become its lovely mutant self.

2 comments:

Colleen Sutherland, storyteller said...

Sounds like a workable plan. Anything to keep us writing is good. I do miss the meetings we had. How COULD Sue take Wade away from us!

Purple Houses said...

Yes, how??? He's so close to Dairy Hollow... maybe time for a writing retreat.