Saturday, April 19, 2008

Making the rounds


You never know what you might find in a used book.

In a copy of "Out of Africa," which is on my book list for school -- a note for someone embarking on a trip to Africa. Curiosity sets in: Was it a long trip? Was Joshua moving there? What was his relationship to Molly? And why was the book given up?

Recently I found a mass paperback copy of Edward Albee's "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" -- inside, a business card to Gold's Gym, and unused community theater coupon (two admissions for the price of one!) and a love note written on Carl's Jr. stationary:

"X -- I stoled another sweatshirt -- I know -- I'll bring them back I promise. I love you ... endlessly -- your smell, your touch, your taste uhm that taste -- sweet -- :-p See ya later inky dinky butt -- xoxox --- X."

I'm guessing the book didn't get much of a read.

No comments: