Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Birds! Butterflies! Bodies!

I finally had the chance to get over to Turtle Bay in Redding on Sunday to see the Bodies Revealed exhibit. Bones never bothered me, but nerves and brains give me the willies. So, I was surprised that the part of the exhibit which displayed a "skeleton" of the entire human nervous system was my favorite. It was rather beautiful, actually, and if the skeleton had been green instead of red it would look like a lichen-man. So much like moss, like plant roots. In a world of concrete and technology, it was reassuring to be reminded that humans are organic.

Disappointing, however, was that the owner of the exhibit, Premier Exhibitions, prohibits photographs. So, here are some pictures of the Birds! & Butterflies! exhibits instead. Nice birdies.



No comments: