Sunday, November 29, 2009

Framework

Loved hitting the 50,000 mark yesterday. But what I have is not a novel, nor even a draft of one. I've got a skeleton. And now it needs muscle and skin.

Without the structure of NaNoWriMo it would've taken me longer to get to this point -- I wrote when I didn't feel like writing, I kept writing when I didn't think something was working and somehow things emerged that did work. I had dreams and early morning mind-wanderings that helped and probably surfaced because I'd been spending at least a little time every day on this. It's worth it.

I started with half the word count already done, and it was still hard to finish. So hats off to all the NaNoWriMo winners who started from scratch, including those in my local writing group... we're celebrating today.

No comments: